Im My Mind

Sunday, December 26, 2010

A post card a Day !

Was in a rush to go to Kirtinager a packet dropped down to my feet from the rack. It’s a bundle of post cards - very close to my heart indeed.

One must agree – It is always good to read and write the past.

I remember those days, when I used to go to the college post office everyday for ‘a post card’. Three years of MCA I hardly missed out any of the days going to our postman. The post card, couple of days back was in my parent’s hand, brother’s hand… I used to smell the cards… used to read number of times as if I’ve missed out something. It was indeed the case – I used to read both the sides of the card without taking a breath even.

One of the lines always catches my eyes “I can do DNA test - even if it doesn’t match, I still love you!!” – she had written.

Quite obvious, all of these cards brings back memories and we become nostalgic – right?

[ Good to grow ! But why SMS/emails does not have the impact a post card used to be? – THINK about it ! ]

There's always a good thing in every bad situation. Even if at the moment we go through something we don't understand - in the end, one morning we will see and find the good thing in a bad situation. There is always a reason for why things happen.

1.       Is it the case that when we talk of ‘the past’ it is usually referred to the good old days/moments ONLY ? Are we JUST romanticizing the history and leaving out the bad bits?
2.       If we talk of ‘the future’ – it’s the human nature to ‘hope for the good’.

So is the past and the future always better than the present OR God is always good J !

No comments: